Okay..okay.. I know the holidays have already passed. I might be a little reluctant to let go of holiday food, but what better way to rid of leftover candy canes than making holiday-flavored yummies! As a fellow sweet-tooth, I vote “yes” on eating and making peppermint-flavored sweeties year-round.
*** Excuse the lack of pictures here. I was trying to smooth the white chocolate and pat in the peppermint before the chocolate dried! ***
8” x 8” pan
275 g of brown chocolate
180 g of white chocolate
30 g of crushed peppermint
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line the 8” x 8” pan with aluminum foil and smooth out the wrinkles on the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
4. Place the brown chocolate evenly in the pan and place in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes until chocolate fully melts.
5. Take the pan out and smooth the brown chocolate. (Try not to get the chocolate on the sides of the upper pan!)
6. Refrigerate the pan for 20 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
7. Place the white chocolate in a bowl and place it in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes until the chocolate is melted into a smooth consistency.
8. Let the white chocolate cool slightly so it won’t melt the brown chocolate.
9. Pour the white chocolate on top of the brown chocolate and smooth it out. Be quick!
10. While the white chocolate is still melted, pour crushed candy canes into the pan and gently pat the candy canes into the chocolate. (I did this with a normal spoon!)
11. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm!
12. You can break pieces of with your hands or take a big butcher knife and carefully cut them up (like me!).